Thursday, March 4, 2010

For The Future of Rome

Characters: Cassius, and mentions of the others
Rating: K+
Note: Done for an English Literature homework about a year ago. I tried to write Cassius in a different light, as required in the homework. Everything is in Cassius's POV
Word Count: 255

Julius Caesar has always been my deepest concern.

My name is Cassius, and Caesar, obviously, is not one of those who I'd support to become the next King. The man is greatly ambitious. He has always wanted the crown. The throne. That man is greedy and very selfish. He also lacks respect. Remember when he didn't stand up to honour the other senators last time? That showed us his arrogance. Greatly arrogant. What would happen to Rome when it gets a King like that? We need to get rid of Caesar, so he won't become a threat to our country.

There is another man, a great, noble man. Brutus is his name. He is very strong, even much stronger than Caesar, whom he works for. He is a very kind man. Caesar is no match for him. It is a real pity that Brutus has never tried to oppose Caesar or such. Brutus would become the perfect future King. Why should Caesar become the future King when we have a much better man? If they fought, Brutus would be able to beat Caesar into a pulp. This man is a guarantee that Rome would have a better future. I should tell him all these, and persuade him to work with me and my plan, my plan to get rid of Caesar. Brutus is what we need. What Rome needs.

Yes, Brutus is the most essential key to my plan. This might not be the wisest decision, but this is for the sake of Rome!

~~~~~

Et tu, Brute?

No comments:

Post a Comment